Thursday, December 17, 2009

RIP...for the time being

So I've had a loss in my IT family. My HP laptop has decided to give up the laptop ghost, for the time being. I think that there are some hardware issues and I was dumb and didn't get the extended warranty. So for now I am without a laptop. I'm hoping that one of these days I can get it fixed or get me a new one, but it is Chels' turn for a new laptop, so I'll have to work on this old desktop machine that I have for the time being and go back to using my work laptop more often. Well I just wanted to share that sad bit of news with you. Thanks.

2 comments:

A said...

What happened? Oh by the way I used to be a PC technician for several years and I spent a good portion of my day ripping laptops to pieces and putting them back together...

Tracy said...

I'm thinking it is a hardware issue. Started with the DVD drive not being recognized. We tried to resurrect it yesterday with some software, DBAN, but nothing happened when we booted it up.