Thursday, May 24, 2007

Funny Stuff

Over the last little while, Bree has had a hard time going to bed. She shares a room with Tiaree so I always thought she'd be ok. Recently she is crying when we put her to bed because she is scared. Or at least she says she's scared. I ask what of and she never really answers clearly enough for me to make out what she is saying. The other night, she said she was scared of the thunder, it was a cloudless night.

Last night, I went in to say goodnight after getting home from Young Mens and she was doing the normal crying thing. I knelt down and told her that if she was scared she could think of pink butterflies. Tiaree added that she could think of blue ones and green ones. I left the room with her smiling really big. Went and did a couple things then heard her crying again. I went into see why she was crying and she told me "I don't know what butterflies look like". It made me chuckle. So I laid down with her till she fell asleep. It was cute. Kids do say the darnedest things sometimes.

No comments: