Friday, January 09, 2009

My 2 Cents on the #2 Utes

The Utah Utes were voted #2 in the AP poll that came out today. They were #2 behind Florida that won the National championship game last night. Anyway, I just thought for fun I would go back a few years and although the past years don't count I wanted to point out a few fun facts. Since Utah's last perfect BCS busting season, 2004, they have gone 49-14. In that same time frame Florida has gone 51-14, playing one more game in 2008 and 2006. Both teams played to a 9-4 record in 2007, with Utah beating Navy in their bowl game and Florida losing to Michigan in their bowl game. Small reminder, while Michigan had a horrible 2008 campaign, Utah went into the big house and took care of business there. Another point for the momentum for each team, since Sept. 29, 2007 Utah has gone 21-1 while Florida has gone 18-5. I would like to just point out again that past years don't count for anything. So this year, I'm happy that the Utes finished #2 in the AP poll, I think they had a strong reason to fight for the #1 spot. Go UTES!

No comments: