Friday, January 16, 2009

The Soundtrack of Your Life

So, I had this thought the other day. Not that it amounts to much because most of my thoughts are of useless junk and, after reading this, I think you will agree.

When you watch movies or TV shows, there is always some type of background music playing. In fact, for a lot of movies, there are soundtracks that you can buy that features the music from the movie. Sometimes you can purchase soundtracks for TV shows too. Its becoming more common, but movies are the majority.

I was thinking, if I had background music playing at different parts of my life, what would the soundtrack be? I'm not talking a collection of your favorite songs that meant something to you, I'm talking about the songs that would represent what is/was going on in your life.

See, movies aren't about life. They skip out on a lot. They show moments in someone's life. When someone leaves to drive somewhere, you see them leave, and then arrive at their destination. You don't ride along with them unless it is vital to the story (a police chase, a certain discussion, etc.) Some movies represent a time frame of days, weeks, or months (years too but that is rare).

If you were to pick out the highlights of your life that would be part of the "You Movie", what highlights would they be and what kind of music would be playing in the background? Not just songs that you like, maybe the song that would be playing you really don't care for but the type of music sets a mood.

Anyway, I really haven't given it much thought about my own life. I might and provide something late although I think my music selection may be a bit lacking. Not that I would need that many songs, but a wider variety.

4 comments:

Tori said...

That an interesting thought. I have no idea what the music would be, but at times it would sure be interesting. Maybe in the final judgment when our lifes are reviewed there will be music in the background.

Tracy said...

I wonder what my theme song will be. You know like in Peter the Wolf, the bassoon represents the Grandfather, the flute is the bird etc. But they all have their own little part of the song to represent them. What song will represent me?

Unknown said...

When you figure out your music, check this out...
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/

Unknown said...

Leave it to Harold to find the apparel to fit. At least its not Data's tape player. (See "The Goonies")