Sunday, May 16, 2010

Great Weekend!

I'm a big fan of the weekend. However, like most people, I think it goes way, way, way too fast. Did I say way in there?

This weekend started out on Friday with our Aaronic Priesthood camp out in the west desert. It was about an hour and 20 minute drive out there, which isn't too bad. We got up there and had some dutch oven dinner of potatoes, steak, and chicken. Very tasty. The cooks at camp did an awesome job! After dinner we had 5 different stations/fires where the boys went around and we talked to them about attributes of some Book of Mormon heroes. I wasn't slated to do one of these break-out sessions, but filled in for one of the other leaders that was running a little late. I got to talk about Captain Moroni. It was pretty cool. I had to wing it, but it's not hard when you are talking about him and the Title of Liberty. We got done and finally went to bed between 1 and 2, after a joke and talking session around the campfire. I don't know for sure what time it was because my phone was going to die so I turned it off and I didn't have a watch...stupid watch batteries. Well I got up the next morning to see if I could help with breakfast but they had everything under control so I started walking around camp and taking in the peace and quiet of being so far away from the city for a little bit. Here is a picture I took...

This is a picture of the sun coming up over the Oquirrh Mountains. For me the sun usually sets over the Oquirrhs, but this time I got to watch it rise over them. Pretty cool.

Saturday after I got home Chels and I were able to do some yard work. Chels got the lawn mowed and I got the front parking strip tilled and the dirt thrown in the dumpster that the county brought. I have the side park strip to do still, but I will get to it, eventually. I worked for about 2 and a half hours on that and finally stopped when I had to get in the shower to go to Rick's birthday party. Which I was thankful for because I probably would have just kept working, starting on the other strip, and then I wouldn't have been able to move at all today. The bar-b-que was fun. I got a brat and a spicy sausage from Harmon's to cook up. They weren't kidding when they called it spicy. While we were at the party we got to step outside and watch the space station streak across the sky. That was pretty cool.

Sunday was Sunday, which for me is a great day. Church was great. KK was sick so Chels kept her and Bree home and Tiaree, Jarik, and I went to church. I think Jarik took a little nap and Tiaree just sat next to me and read scriptures that I pointed out to her. It was nice. Then Jarik and I got to go and have dinner with my grandpa. The whole family was going to go, but with KK throwing up most of the day we thought it wise to let some of them stay home. Tonight grandpa told me that he is used to his house being our house that it's tough sometimes to be alone, which I don't doubt.

Tomorrow we go back to work and school and whatever. Who knows what this week will bring, but let me just say, that I'm ready for next weekend.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...except KK being sick. I love those brats from Harmons. They are so good and low fat to boot.