Monday, December 12, 2005

Always check Walmart, first......

So I feel really stupid. Over the course of the last month or so, I have spent some time on eBay shopping and bidding. On several occasions, I have found really good deals. One deal, as I found out, was not so good. Don't get me wrong, the product was good but was it worth what was paid. Here's the scenario.

We are in the process of buying stuff for my 2 youngest daughters. We are going to decorate their room in "Disney Princesses." I found a really neat poster for their room that was only 99 cents. Well, not thinking about it, I purchased. I went through the motions for shipping and handling and all that other fun stuff that goes along with purchasing online.

By the time I got done, my total was $9.97. I felt a little discouraged but still feel that I got a pretty good deal. The poster arrived today and is exactly what I expected. Now, to frame it. On my lunch, I went to Walmart to get a 24"x36" frame. As I wandered the store, I found their posters of which the one I just purchased for $9.97 was with it. They were only ........ $3.96.

Guess you can't win them all.

No comments: