Friday, December 09, 2005

A Little Disappointed

Last night myself, Chels, and a couple of our friends attended the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It included special guests Renee Fleming and Claire Bloom. Let me just say that it wasn't the normal Christmas Concert by the Mo Tab that we are used to. It seemed like it was more of the Renee Fleming concert with the Mo Tab backing her up. We are used to seeing the choir do some of their normal Christmas music, like Joy to the World, and we didn't get to see that. I guess my biggest complaint is that the Special Guest, a.k.a. Headliner, took up most of the show and we didn't get to enjoy the awesome sounds of the Choir and Orchestra. Don't get me wrong the concert was good, just not as good as I expected it to be. Claire Bloom was good, she read a couple stories, on included the clicking sound of her earrings on the microphone that was attached to her ear. She would shake her head and you could hear the clicking sound and it made for a small enough distraction that you could loose your place in the story she was telling. I'm hoping that next year they move back to having a Special Guest join them on a couple of numbers and not inviting a Headliner to take over the concert.

No comments: