Friday, August 04, 2006

Sad days

It has been almost a month since anyone posted a blog to this site and I felt it time to post. Unfortunately, the thing I want to post about is not a fun thing nor is it a happy thing.

I felt I should post this because I am a father. I love my kids dearly and could not imagine having any harm come to them let alone causing harm to them. I may be over protective, but from the look of currant events, it isn't unfounded.

Two cases that have really got me bugged are Destiny Norton and Angela Andrews. For those of you that haven't paid attention to the news or the world around you (at least in the Utah area), Destiny Norton was a 5-year old girl who was abducted by a neighbor. When Destiny tried to scream, the vile creature covered her mouth with his hand suffocating her. He then sexually abused her dead body and hid it from police and investigators.

Angela Andrews was a 10-year old girl who was beaten to death by her father who stated that he "lost control". Information has arisen as to the life this child had. The things described that this child had to go through, I would not want for any child. And the worst of all, this was done by her father and step-mother.

Another case of late is Jayden Cangro, a 2-year old boy killed by his mother's live-in boyfriend who threw him across the room when he was babysitting.

I just have to say, these people are sick. It is scary out there to realize how bad it is really getting out there. I can't believe that people would do this to children. I know I've led a pretty sheltered life and that there have been numerous cases throughout history of evils done to children, but these just clarify that there is something wrong with people.

I know that after thinking about these aweful events, I've probably brought down the mood of a Friday, but I just am about to burst. Having children, and even children close to the age of these cases, really makes these events hit home harder than they should. I love my kids and would only want the best for them.

I hope I haven't ruined your day and hope that if you are a parent, that you will appreciate the beauty that is in every child. I hope that you will take the time to make sure they know you love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI, Angela is the awful step mom, Shelby is the poor girl. What kind of sickos live in this world. It's so sad, my heart just breaks for those poor girls. At least they are in a better place now.