Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Trip to the Dentist

Today was my scheduled cleaning for my teeth. As many of you may or may not know, I'm not a regular visitor to the dentist. I'm pretty sure that anyone that chooses to be a dentist of their own free will has issues. Think about it. They willingly putting their hands in your mouth and sit so close that they can tell you, by the smell of your breath, what you had for lunch. How discusting.....

Anyway, I've re-evaluated a few things and feel that if I want to prolong my denture-wearing days, I need to make sure I'm providing the best care for my teeth that I can. So, I got dental insurance for me and the family and scheduled my appointment to have them cleaned and examined.

First thing they did was take 2 types of x-rays. One was a panaramic view of my teeth and the other one were the ones where you bite on cardboard. After having x-rays done, the dentist came in to scrape "stuff" off my teeth. Apparently, you can get mineral deposits on your teeth and I had some so he spent some time scraping that off.

He examined the x-rays and was very impressed. My teeth were perfect. No cavities, gingivitis, gum disease, etc. They were straight, the roots looked good and with the exception of some normal stains (probably left over from my smoking days) I was given the thumbs up on my teeth.

Next, a dental hygenist came in to do the normal cleaning and I was then done and on my way. I can definately tell something was taken off my teeth and they feel great. So, thought I'd share my good fortune since, well, my life is so exciting that I blog about a trip to the dentist.

No comments: