Monday, January 28, 2008

Family Games

This weekend my mom was able to come into town. I think its fun when she comes in because we all get together for a little while and share some food and laughs. This weekend we got together on Saturday night and I was able to try the new Singstar game.

For those of you that don't know, Singstar is like karaoke with the music video for the background and a score. So not only do you have to listen to your own crappy voice like you would with karaoke, you are getting scored by the game console. Rankings like "Wannabe" and comments like "awful" make for a great morale booster while allowing others to laugh at you. The only redeeming quality of the game is that they have the original music videos playing in the background.

If I really cared what people thought of my crappy singing voice (it IS crappy and I know it and I really don't care), I might not ever want to play again but I really enjoyed it. Especially when I'm singing side-by-side with my brother who's voice is about like mine.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

As your brother, I have to comment on the one error that you made in this blog. My voice isn't about like yours, my voice is about 1,000 times worse. Just wanted all to be clear on that...