Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Giving up a Man Card

Ok, so I've been debating on if I was going to write this blog or not. It's been decided and I may have to give up one or two, maybe more, man cards for this blog. Let's get it over with and we can go from there...

I am a fan of musicals, one man card. I have been for a very long time. Which some men would have a hard time admitting. There are some good ones out there including the High School Musicals that are so popular right now. This Friday HSM 3 comes out on the big screen and I think Chels bought tickets for her and the 3 older kids for this Saturday, I'm staying home with Keighlee. Well yesterday the soundtrack for HSM 3 came out. Yes I did purchase it, just like the 2 before it. So today I'm going to give you my 10 favorite songs from these 3 albums. Now, I haven't been forced to listen the HSM 3 soundtrack over and over again like I was with the first two, however, I did listen to it yesterday and can say that I'm a little disappointed. Out of the 10 new songs that are on it, there are only two, in my mind, that hold up to the other two soundtracks.

So here are my top 10 songs from HSM:
1. Humuhumunukunukuapua'a - HSM 2
2. Fabulous - HSM 2
3. I Don't Dance - HSM 2
4. Get'cha Head in the Game - HSM 1
5a. Work This Out - HSM 2
5b. Stick to the Status Quo - HSM 1
6. What I've Been Looking For (Reprise) - HSM 1
7. Now or Never - HSM 3
8. What Time is it - HSM 2
9. We're All In This Together - HSM 1
10. Start of Something New - HSM 1

Here are the bottom 5:
1. Gotta Go My Own Way - HSM 2
2. We're All In This Together (Graduation Mix) - HSM 3
3. When There Was Me and You - HSM 1
4. Bop to the Top - HSM 1
5. I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You - HSM

Well there you go. Take the man cards, but I know that there are some of you that secretly are making your own HSM songs top 10 list.

3 comments:

Chels said...

You are too funny. And I don't take any Man Cards from you, in fact I'm giving you some for being man enough to admit you like them!

Anonymous said...

Chels. women don't get to give man cards. Women cards, yes, Dad cards, ok. But man cards are the sole propriety of men. He was man enough to give up his cards for what he likes. There is less loss of manhood for that.

Hess

Unknown said...

Ya, but he still loses out on the man cards. While he may be man enough to admit it, he didn't lose the cards because of dishonesty. He lost them because of liking "High School Musical" so he still loses them.

BTW, not all musicals lose man cards (see "Li'l Abner", "Oklahoma" or "The King and I"). Neither does crying if its shows like "Old Yeller" or "Where the Red Fern Grows".