Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hail the Conquering Hero

Hess got home today! YAY!! I know that we are all excited to have him home. I know my kids are way excited. I know Tiaree was pretty happy about him coming home. She was in school today and was doing some work. She said that normally she can do the work in her head but today she had to use her sets. I think it has to do with math. Anyway, she was saying that she had to user her sets to do the work because all she could think about was "Uncle Harold coming home". When I walked into the school to pick her up, she saw me and got really excited.

When we got to the airport we had to wait about 20 minutes for his plane to land. As we were waiting B and I walked over to watch for the plane to land. I got really excited as I saw the plane touch down. I walked over and mentioned that the plane had landed and we waited for it to taxi up. As the plane doors opened, and they started to walk down the stairs, it was real. Hess is home!

I personally want to thank him, and all those that are serving in the military to keep my freedoms where and what they are. I am grateful for the thought that some families are losing sons and daughters to keep our country free. There isn't a day when life goes by where we don't get to see the freedoms that they are helping to secure. To all those military men and women that have been sent abroad and those that are stationed in the US, I want to say THANKS!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Somethings are worth fighting for...