Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Howard the Duck

The other day, I was thinking about this movie. It came out when I was about 12 years old and I've seen it a couple times in my youth. I always thought it was a cool show and, after reading some of the reviews, found out it was an actual flop. I don't know why people didn't like it. It was corny and all but I'm not certain how it couldn't be.

They haven't released it on DVD and there are currently no plans to do so which really bums me out a bit. I may have to buy VHS and transfer because this is one I really liked and wouldn't mind adding to my collection. I'm trying to stay away from VHS because you cannot buy a new VHS player. You can get a DVD/VHS but in time, those will disappear also.

The 80's produced quite a few corny movies. We did find one the other day that we got at K-Mart for $5 that was a double DVD. It has Elvira on one side and "Transylvania 6-5000" on the other. That is a hilarious movie.

My daughter (Aurora) got a chance to see "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" in school and thought it was stupid. That's another that I would like to add to the DVD arsenal. Stupid movies are fun and if you accept that they are going to be stupid, have poor acting and props, then its just good fun.

Anyway, thought I'd share my love of corny movies.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I liked Howard the Duck too...that was a great movie. Last time I saw it I was like 10 or 11 probably. That was a long time ago.