Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Game Created

So in the last almost 13 years, since I've been married to my beautiful wife, my brother-in-laws and I have been creating new games. These games aren't anything special to anyone outside our family circle, but they have given us hours of enjoyment over the years. We've destroyed plastic lawn chairs, been professional basketball players, and just enjoyed the outdoors playing some awesome games. Well the creative juices were flowing yesterday as Erik, Sam, and I went over to the elementary school behind Papa and Grammy's house with the kids. We had a soccer ball and, apparently, a lot of imagination going on as we went over there. The school has, what I've found to be called, funnel ball stands. Here is a picture.


The funnel we played on is a little different, the bottom of the funnel had tubes that made it a little more interesting the way we were playing the game. We have a load of fun playing/inventing games with everyday normal items, like a soccer ball and a funnel ball stand. We've played horseshoes with rocks before. Jared and I have a game we play that is basically kicking a football to one another and not dropping it across a short field, like the in-laws front yard. That is a favorite of mine.

We will play this game for a long time to come. Jarik was there and got a taste of playing the newly invented game and I think that he'll have some fun with it too. 2nd generation on the fun of the games we invent. Thanks for the fun guys.

2 comments:

Jared said...

I enjoy that game as well. It is always fun on Sunday's to come up with fun games - and when we go camping too. I wish I could've been there on Sunday, but couldn't - you know BECAUSE OF MY RASH.

Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...

What rash? Where? :)