Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oh the hatred...

I've been stewing on this issue because of the serious nature of it. As has been mentioned before, I hate having serious issues brought up on my blog. But I've decided that this gross display of hatred just couldn't be ignored.

Yesterday morning, that would be Wednesday, September 3rd, my wife and I were awoken when it sounded like our dog was trying to climb up our sliding glass door. This startled me because I thought what could startle the dog that he needed to try and climb glass. So I jumped up out of bed to find out what it was and as I look between the cracks of the blinds, as not to be seen by this thing that has caused this noise, I see sitting on the deck a cat. WHAT!!!, a cat in my back yard, doesn't it know we have a big yellow lab. Dumb cat. Anyway, this cat is staring down my dog who is on the grass near the corner of my house. The cat is spitting and hissing, claws drawn at the dog though it seems the dog is just having a little fun. Spitting and hissing, I think, isn't that a little much. I decide that I should save this cat's life and let it out the front door. However I have to let it in the house. Did you know that cats are very quick and can squiggle out of almost and grasp you can put them in. So the cat books it into the house and gets into our kitchen. I approach this cat with some hesitation because I don't want to end up like shredded cheese. I notice that this cat is looking for an escape and looks like it is about to jump on my counter so I reach down and grab it by the scruff of the neck, you know that part you can pick them up with and it doesn't hurt them. I walked to the front door and put the cat outside and it darted away from the house as fast as it could.

It was amazing how much that cat hated my dog, I'm sure he was just trying to play. It's just sad that they just can't get along.

Sorry for such a serious blog, I'll get back to the more lighthearted stuff soon.

2 comments:

Chels said...

You are such a dork. That was scary. I'm glad you were here, I would have just called 911 or something. Then they get here and look outside and go, "Um, mam? There is just a cat on your back porch." Then I would have felt really stupid. So it's a good thing you were here!

Unknown said...

See? Its hard not to be serious sometimes. Especially when you want to vent about something.