Thursday, June 01, 2006

Weather

Ok so as most of you know I am here in Decatur, Illinois. Its in central Illinois. We have been here for a little over 2 weeks and we have had some interesting weather. It rained the first few days and it was not bad. Still kinda cool and what not. Then it heated up fast. We went from 60 degrees to 90 in like 2 days. But the glorious thing about the middle of the US is that they have this wonderful stuff called humidity. Ok so we do have it in Utah but we have nothing like this. It is around 80 degrees here and with the humidity if feels close to 100. But really thats not the worst part. The worst part is now when it rains there is a mist that stays in the air. Seriously you walk out and there is dew on the grass mist in the trees, mist in the air and its still hot. Its almost like when your camping in trees but usually its cool there here no. So today I wake up a little late so I decide to order pizza. I was tired cuz Jaxon decided to freak out at bed time (he's teething and he sucks at it). Then about 1-2 hours into my lovely sleep we get one of the loudest craziest thunder storms I have ever heard. Rained like mad and the thunder was one right after another and sounded like it was right on top of us. Very crazy. Anyhow... I order pizza papa john's of course and they won't deliver because I don't have a local phone number so I have to go pick it up. Now here is where we have issues. We live in a apartment and our neighbors across the hall are of another ethnicity. Not sure what but their is a stench coming from their apartment that basically smells up the entire hallway and then at the end of the hall we have in home smokers and it seeps out as well so basically It smells so bad you have to hold your breath if you don't want to throw up. Opening the doors to the building won't help because we have yet another stinky problem. We I guess are in the Soy Capital of the world or something like that. Basically they have a very large soy plant here and on one of my ventures around town I drove by it and ugh. Even filters can't keep the smell out. Well I am sure you can guess it. When you mix heat, humidity, soy, ethnic food, and cigarette smoke it is the worst combination of smells and will make you gag if not throw up. One of our guys have cuz of the hall way. I can say thank goodness for central air and a towel at the bottom of our door. I did put a very good plug in air freshner in the hallway that sadly is doing nothing. It is the same kind that I can drop a few drops in my Hyla vacuum and it makes my entire home smell good. Lets just say it is not helping much in the hallway. The combo is just to potent for it.
I guess what I am getting at is be greatful for good clean air. And if you produce stinky air. Be kind bathe, clean your home and air things out. There are other people in this world that would like to keep their food down when the go out. And as far as stinky cities well I found one of the stinkiest....

No comments: