Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Love Music

So I really love to listen to music and I get in moods for certain songs. That's why I love iTunes as well. So when I get in the mood for a certain song that I want to hear I head to iTunes to see if it is available to buy if I don't already own it. I own a good selection of music. Some of the songs aren't always there. For example, I like the Beach Boys album Still Crusin'. It is a cool album and I had it on cassette tape a long time ago. I started searching for it quite a while ago and then found it on iTunes when they made it available. That was a while ago. I also love songs that remind me of the good times of my past. One of those songs is called Step by Step by Eddie Rabbitt.

Let me give you some background...when I was younger my mom bought this killer stereo system. It had these nice speakers that had a reset button on the back so you could crank it up pretty loud and if it got to be too much, before the speaker would blow it would flick this reset switch and would turn off the speaker. You would simply have to hit the reset button, turn the stereo down just a notch and then you were back to jammin' to your favorite tunes. It was awesome. I guess not completely awesome because my mom would take advantage of this with Whitney Houston early Saturday mornings, like when we were all trying to sleep in. Whitney Houston is not fun to wake up to, horrible nightmares. Anyway, we'd get playin' in the front yard with this radio turned way up so that the neighbors could jam a little too and we'd just have a good time. We'd go in to change tapes and then keep going with our good ol time. A couple of the groups we would listen too were Air Supply, Whitney, Eddie Rabbitt, Alan Parsons Project, and Pablo Cruise once in a while. And there were a couple other ones that I can't remember. But all in all it was a good time. I think that is the reason that I love music so much because of what I can remember from my past, a lot of it had to do with good music and fun. B and Nic, if you can remember any of the groups we used to listen to, let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pablo Cruise (Worlds Away) was a great album. Air Supply, Chicago, ABBA (yes, we were retarded), Alan Parson's Project, and Seals and Crofts from mom's collection.

Then, we would listen to the Back to the Future soundtrack, Europe, the Cocktail soundtrack, and a couple of others I can't quite remember when we would put together erector set or whatever that other building set was.