Monday, August 25, 2008

Song of the Day - August 25 2008

Today has been a Monday for sure. I'm usually a pretty big fan of this first work day in the week, but today has been a bust. The reason I say that is that I usually use music to get me out of the crap of these types of days. Today that has been difficult, why you ask, because all I'm getting on the shuffle is the slow songs in the library. Like right now One More Night by Phil Collins is playing, not the SotD by the way, and that's how it's been all day. Slow song after slow song, hard to get in a rhythm that isn't going to put me to sleep with this slow stuff playing all day, so here goes, the random SotD selection by hitting next until something hits that...ohhh string. BTW, the song on now is Arthur's Theme by Christopher Cross, see what I mean.

Here is the next few songs that play in order:
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson: great song, could be a song of the day, but again slow
Orinoco Flow - Enya: wow, this song is actually the most upbeat song I think I've heard all day. Good song, not SotD quality for today.
Walking After Midnight - Garth Brooks: This is some of his old stuff and that isn't always the most exciting song. This song is too twangy to ever be the SotD.
Adagio sostenuto from "Moonlight Sonata" - Dubravka Tomsic: Snoozer, it is getting rid of the headache a little.
Eensie Weensie Spider - Inside Out: Good song, fun beat, we may have a winner. If you haven't heard of Inside Out, they are a local acapella group similar to Voice Male. They do a lot of LDS music that is a lot of fun to listen to. This song is just a hip-hop version of the childrens favorite. Let's try one more.
The Dance - Garth Brooks: This is one of Garth's best songs. Older but not twangy. It has a great meaning behind it too.

I could go on all day but I'll spare you all the details and give you a SotD, after about 10 or so clicks through the library I've landed on a good one. Today's song of the Day is a classic. Yellow Submarine by none other than The Beatles. You can't this actual song off iTunes but there are a lot of covers for there. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Just so you know the song that is playing now, is Questions by Jack Johnson. I'm going to need to restart the cycle and hope for more upbeat songs.

No comments: