Thursday, September 17, 2009

Photo of the Day - Creepy



So this summer I had a couple of firsts out in the wilderness. During my Wood Badge course I a skunk walked through my camp. That just happened to be the first time I've ever seen a skunk in the wilderness. Well over the Labor Day weekend we went to Zion National Park and went on the Emerald Pools hike. As we were crossing the bridge, I noticed this family sitting on a fallen tree. Just as I started to look away, I noticed that this family jumped out and ran from the tree. I then noticed this snake slithering across the ground. Yep first time I have seen a rattlesnake in the wilderness. I grabbed my 'long' lens and put it on. I know that you aren't supposed to get too close but I wanted some cool pictures of this snake. I did get yelled at to get away from the snake by my mom. It made me feel like a kid again which was awesome. Of course I ignored her, what is a kid supposed to do when their parents are warning them of danger. Well enjoy. (P.S. This picture is on my facebook page.)

No comments: