Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Blog time

Well I haven't been on for a while but I feel I could blog for days. But here is one issue that strikes me hard. So we are here traveling around to new places working in these walmarts. Pros for them are well obviously money, working in the same place for 4 to 6 weeks, seeing new places, and well money. The cons are that we aren't at home. Being here for me does and is a lot better then being home alone. But here is my issue. Rick has had two employees/friends/family that I think have shown some interesting sides to them. One (his bestfriend) quit to make a lot less money and go to live in a city about 15 minutes outside of Casper, WY. I just don't understand. Knowing what Rick offered him and well offered to take his wife and baby too. I guess I am greedy I would have jumped all over it. Well he leaves mind you without any notice, then when he finds out we are going to work in Casper so he calls Rick and asks if he can come help out a little bit. I think "no" you jipped my hubby and now you want a favor and anyhow how much do we pay him. Its not fair to pay him what we were. Who knows its all frustrating. Then on to the second employee (his cousin) right after the first quits Rick and I ask very specifically are you gonna stick around and do this with us for a long while. Walmarts I mean. The answer is yes. So Rick and I figured that would be for at least 1 or 2 years. Well he gets a $2.00 an hour raise in town and he is definitely getting paid way too much for working here. Considering I myself could work faster then him. We find out earlier this week that he is quitting after Casper. Unless we have work in town then he might stick around for a little while but is no longer traveling. I know its hard to travel when you have a girlfriend at home but since what we are paying him will pretty much get him completely out of debt. He doesn't need us any more. I guess I am just so damn tired of false promises and people who can't be straight forward. It may upset us for a moment when you come out with things and feelings but finding out via the grapevine and stuff upsets us for much longer. This business is fun but hard to do with family and friends. Hell its hard period. So what do you do with an over generous hubby and people that take advantage of him? It hurts me to see it and well Rick just takes it with a F#$% it attitude. The other hard part too is knowing how much my hubby wants to do these Walmarts and how hard it is to find good hard working employees that will stick around. Who knows. Well that felt good to get of my chest. Beats paying a counselor for it. HAHA. Until the next blog.

No comments: