Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So Many Ideas

Ok, so I have had a head full of ideas that will probably go nowhere, but I'm going to share a few with you anyway. The first one is that I think I want to write a book... Ok, if you are done rolling on the floor laughing, let me explain. I want to write a book about "Managers" from the peon perspective. The idea is basically that as peons will help "Managers" better understand what we think makes them good. Not always the fun and games that work should be but from all aspects. Right now I have an awesome manager who gives his team free reign to do what we want, as long as it's in the scope of the project that we are working on. Which is nice because we are building a web app that is going to be done in Spring and Java. So we get a lot of chances to learn at our own pace and what we feel is important to learn. Anyway, I think it would be a short book, but it might be worth it. We'll see.

Secondly...now that I rambled that out my idea bank has closed for lunch or something, which is weird because lunch was like 2 and a half hours ago. Anyway, I have had a load of ideas and they won't leave me alone, so I think I'm going to have to act on them. Just have to finish HP and the Half-Blood Prince and I'll be set to go.

If you are a peon and want to contribute to the book, leave me a comment, clean comments please, and I'll see if it will fit into the book.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I would love to contribute since at this point I am in both Manager and Peon position. Plus I have dealt with many managers myself. It could be fun