Thursday, October 06, 2005

Last Night was Just One of Those Nights

Ok, so here's the deal. My house was quiet pretty early last night. At about 9:30, after Mork and Mindy, Chels put Bree in her bed and came into bed and fell asleep pretty quick. At 9:50, I turned my lamp off looking forward to a good night sleep. I was pretty excited. Shortly after 11, my son came in and made himself comfy on our chair that's next to our bed. I took him back in his room and not an hour later he was in my room again. Frustrated because my good night sleep was interrupted, I let him lay down with me. When I felt he was finally asleep, I took him in his room and laid him down, he woke up a little and I told him that he needed to stay in his bed. So that battle was over and I was thinking that I was still going to get a fair amount of sleep.

I had never been as wrong as I was. Bree came in, shortly after I doze off, having thrown-up in her bed. It wasn't the most pleasent smell, obviously. She kept trying to climb on the bed and I wouldn't let her. I got her undressed and cleaned up, and Chels stripped her bed and made it again. I went out to get Bree some water and she was dancing and giggling and jumping around. Not a good sign. So I went and laid down with her, hoping that my bed wasn't next for the contents of her stomach. I asked Chels to get a puke bucket for me so in case I could catch it, I would, thus sparing me and my bed. Well everytime Bree would even whine a little I started to reach for the bucket and she would get a little more cozzy and fall back to sleep. Not good for me because now I'm paranoid that I'm going to wake up by the sound of vomit. So by this time, I gave up all hope of a decent night sleep. This morning, I put Bree in her bed at 6:00am, with a stiff neck, both hands tingling from sleeping on them funny. Finally I fell asleep to be woken up by the alarm like a half hour later. As I jumped in the shower, I thought how I was going to try it again tonight. Wish me luck!!

No comments: