Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Middle of the Night Pages/Calls

So where I work, I get a seldom call in the middle of the night to help fix things. Usually it's during my On-call rotation, but sometimes it's not. Well tonight I got a phone call to help with and issue. I had to laugh as I was getting ready to lay back down because when the phone rang, I thought it was the alarm and I was hitting the alarm pretty hard to try and turn it off. It wasn't until Chels said that it was the phone that it clicked why the alarm wouldn't turn off. Now I'm up waiting to see if I get a page from someone regarding what needed to be fixed. I'm giving it about five more minutes and them I'm off to bed again. Hopefully to enjoy a good nights sleep, at least what's left of it.

As I sit here writing this, I'm listening to the wind do a number outside. It's a pretty strong wind and once in a while it will gust and it sounds like the roof is going to fly off the house, it's that strong. Anyway, I'm going to get a drink of water and head back to my pillow to salvage what sleep I can for the rest of the night. Goodnight.

No comments: