Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stories...

I posted on another blog how much I liked a good story. I've always loved to read stories and have, on occasion, found that I have an imagination.

As one of the "personal improvement" projects that I am trying to do, I have started to read about what it takes to write a good fiction story. I am interested in writing and feel that I have a fairly good grasp of the language. I have a few ideas for some stories. While I won't be releasing all the ideas, I do have an idea that has formed and have decided to make a series of short stories using a common plot but with different scenarios (much the same as a drama series on television.) This would be similar to a mini-series type thing in that where one episode ends, another begins.

So, here is the reason I'm sharing this with you. Of the people that I know read this, I trust their opinions enough to share the "draft" idea and allow others to add their thoughts, ideas, etc. Once you hear the storyline, you may formulate ideas about direction, scenarios, or conflicts for the primary character. I am going to start developing the character and story line but wanted to give everyone a heads up so that you can prepare to put on your thinking caps and explore the possibilities with me.

I hope one day to be a successful writer, more as a hobby than a career. Being included in something like this doesn't take a lot of effort for ideas and could be a lot of fun (not to mention that if it ever gets published, your name will probably find its way to the credits and acknowledgements. Not sure about monatary but if I become a millionaire off the idea, you will DEFINATELY get a free lunch.)

So, when I've got something a little more "formal", I will present and give directions to find, add, comment, and, if so inclined, to point and laugh.

No comments: