Friday, September 23, 2005

No Complaints, O.K. Maybe One or Two

So as they say, a win is a win. I totally agree. Last night the wife and two of the three kids and I went to the U of U vs. Air Force football game. It was a pretty good game and the Utes won, so alls well. Ok, maybe not, I think the Utes got lucky. I'm a big Ute fan, but to be up bye 17 and then only winning by 3, there is something wrong. The forth quarter sucked. At around 5 minutes left the stadium was starting to really empty out. I was thinking that the game wasn't over, but I was hoping for some more good play by the Utes, maybe a touchdown, but what I got was an ulcer. it came down to bad play calling. Brian Johnson threw on average of 14.5 yards and there was only one receiver that was under 10 yards per catch, the next person was 12 yards per catch. So here's my big question...Why would you run on 3rd and 12? I guess Kyle Whittingham likes the close games. It's football if the other team can't stop you, run up the score. That's my opinion. I'm happy about the win and it was a fun game to go to.

As I said earlier, we took the two oldest kids. Jarik must have been really bored or really ramped up on the sugar we were feeding him because he was so wired that he wouldn't stop moving. It was fun, but I felt like I had wrestled him for about the whole game. It wasn't fun in that I didn't get to watch the game too closely. It was fun, Tiaree had a good time. She hung out with Neal and Heather and had a great time. She came down and talked to me for a minute and I asked if she was having fun sitting with Uncle Neal and she said, "Yep", and headed back to sit with them again. It was cool.

I'm going to get to work now. Laters.

1 comment:

Kaplin said...

Tiaree was great fun to watch the game with. Although I think I scared her when we suddenly got an interception and I stood up fast and held her up to cheer.

As a matter of fact, when I sat down next to Chels I wasn't sure if she was going to recognize me or go for her can of mace. Or maybe she might recognize me and I'd still get the mace. I bring that out in people.