Monday, November 27, 2006

Beating the Tag

Chels is sitting next to me writing a blog because she was tagged. So since I know she is going to tag me, I'll just go ahead and do my list at the same time. It's a Christmas Tag...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog, Hot Chocolate is good but I have to be in the right mood for it. Otherwise it gets really cold and gross. Out of 5 cups of hot chocolate, I drink about 2 of them.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap. That way we can watch the money we spent on the wrapping paper go right out with the trash.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Color. It makes it more festive looking. White lights are all over the place. Colored lights are cool.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Who needs it. Kissy, kissy, kissy.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend. So around Emily's birthday. ;)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Spiral ham...duh!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The power was out one year. We woke up to no lights on the tree, but we started a fire in the fire place and opened the presents by the light of the fire. It was nice because with every present the flames got bigger when we'd throw the paper in the fire. See what I mean about the money. Oh and every one since my kids have been old enough to get excited.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa. He's real. I will not stop believing.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids open some pj's. We also have a Christmas party at my grandparents house and we open gifts there.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights first, then ornaments. No order really to the ornaments. As a matter of fact the kids are doing the ornaments now and Chels and I just go around and space it out a little. Star on last of course.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it. Lived in Utah my whole life and there have been some good snow storms, not like Minnesota I'm guessing, and I don't like snow. If I lived in Minnesota I'd hate them too. I'm not a cold weather fan.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep, not good, but I don't fall down much.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My favorite gift, hmmmmmmm. I'd have to say that it was probably my Nintendo when I was young. You remember when the original Nintendo came out. I can't think of many gifts.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? The family. The fact that it is to celebrate the birth of Christ.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Same as my all year round dessert, Angel Food Cake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'd have to say the Santa letters. We changed Chels' family tradition a little. Here's how it went, and then how we changed it. The first snow fall after Thanksgiving, Chels and her brothers and sister would write their letters to Santa and he would come pick them up and leave a little gift. We do the same thing, but we do it after we finish decorating the house for Christmas. He comes and makes sure the decorations are fit for the season and festive enough.

17. What tops your tree? A star, that Jarik put on this year.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I like to give meaningful gifts.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song! Carol of the Bells.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Depends on the flavor. I know you could argue that real candy canes are only in peppermint or whatever flavor, but I like the cherry ones. They are the best.

21. What is your favorite holiday movie? I have a few. The Santa Clause 1 and 2 and Miracle on 34th Street. I also like A Christmas Carol and A Christmas Story. They are all pretty good.

22. Do you go all out with Christmas lights outside or just enjoy riding around seeing them on ther homes? Both, but not too close to Christmas for the riding around, it gets too crowded. "Whey don't these people just stay home?" Guess who said that.

23. Have you been Naughty or Nice? Nice, yeah, nice. *wink, wink

24. Do you shop on Black Friday and if so what is your most memorable experience? A little. But we don't get up early to do it. That's just stupid. Sleep in people, it's a day off.



Add a question to the bottom of this list asking something that YOU would like to know. Post it in your blog (or put your answers below) for others enjoy this tag!

25. Do you like to listen to Christmas music? Yep, on my mission we would start listening to after Halloween because they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Ireland. And we get sick of the music that was approved. Since that was all I listened too, approved music. *wink, wink

26. When do you take down your Christmas decorations? Usually New Years day. Or thereabouts.

No comments: