Monday, November 27, 2006

Pretty Fun Weekend...Common Theme

So the Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone without too much weight gained. We are now in full Christmas mode. Thanksgiving was good. Total of 4 dinners, with the last one being last night with my wife and kids. It was nice. Lots of turkey and stuff. The day after Thanksgiving, while the rest of the world is shopping, I am busily setting up Christmas decorations. I like to decorate, it is fun. Usually I take the Friday and Saturday after to do it, but our Saturday was booked. So I did the outside lights on Friday and the indoor stuff on Sunday. Looks nice.

Saturday we went Geocaching in Spanish Fork. When I say we, I mean me, Chels, kids, B, Aly, Mason, Nikki, Jayna, and Harold. I got my Garmin Legend not too long ago and now I know how to use it a little bit better. It's pretty cool. It was fun, we found 9 caches on Saturday. Then things started going south. Here's where the common theme comes in. I'm a sports fan, my favorite teams include the 49ers (NFL), Jazz (NBA), and Utes (College). This weekend all of them lost. The Jazz got their butts kicked and the Utes and Niners lost on last minute drives. What a bummer of a weekend.

Besides the big loss to the Cougars though, Saturday ended pretty good with a fun game of the Amazing Race, Darden style. Our friends the Darden's put on a party where we were in teams and did a "Amazing Race" style race. It was fun. Long, hard, but fun. Well that's my weekend in a nutshell. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad about your teams although I can honestly say I'm only upset about 1, the Utes...

Anyway, great day of caching. Hope to do it again. What did the wife think?

Tracy said...

She liked it. She likes the idea of the "treasure" hunting.