Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting Myself Into Trouble

Looks like I have a year to get my affairs in order. You see I'm probably not going to live much past next winter. Why, you ask. Well I've been talking to my friend Harold and we got talking about snowboarding. I don't like snow. I don't like the idea of strapping plastic to my feet and heading down the hill. I'm not very coordinated when it comes to standing on something that is moving. I've never been able to get up on water skis either. So, he told me that I should try it and that he'd show me. I'm a firm believer that you should try things before you can truly say you don't like it. I've been skiing and can say I don't like that, but snowboarding is something I haven't tried. So I agreed to try it once and he said I had to go at least 3 times. So next winter, I'm going to go snowboarding at least 3 times, well unless I die on the first time. I know my wife skied when she was younger and has mentioned that she'd like to get back into it, so, I'll try snowboarding, then if I like it we will have something to do during the winter rather than stay in the house and complain that it's cold outside. I told Hess that I was going to blog about it and he said I was excited. I told him it was more out of dread and such, but I'm actually thinking it could be fun. (There I said it, happy Hess?) Please, wish me luck.

2 comments:

Chels said...

What?? You haven't even told me this! I really want to try skiing again, so I hope you like boarding cause then we can do fun stuff together. I don't think I could ever board though. I think I'd stick with ski's.

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better he has hinted to me that I should try it so maybe we can both go out in a blaze of flurries.

I myself, as far as winter sports goes, like sleds and tubes but what's the worst that can happen, paralysis? No biggie.