Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mice Update

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the mice problem that we were having (Ramblings on Chels' Blog). Last night I went out to close to close the back blinds and make sure the dog had water and I saw that the mice had taken to playing in the new playground between the screen and the window of our sliding door. I got dressed, put on my gloves and told Chels to come help. I tried to block them in the screen, and then wanted to trap them in a Tupperware container and release them into the wild, or at least the field up the street from our house. Well in the process of trying to catch them, the little one got away and I killed the bigger one. Not on purpose mind you, but I just squished him a little to hard. I don't really know if it was a he or a she, so I'll just use him. I didn't squish him so that he was splattered all over the window, just enough probably to suffocate him. Poor little mouse. I put him in the mac and cheese box that was still on the counter from when I made me some dinner. Folded the top over and taped it and tossed it in the garbage can. Poor little guy. Now we just have to get the little one and we'll hopefully be mouse free. Cross our fingers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are nicer than I am. I would have killed them on purpose.