Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ouch...

Last night I went sledding with the Young Men of the ward. All I can say is...ouch. I'm not that old, but I know what people mean when they say they felt their age. There was this one run on the hill that we went to that was very, very bumpy. Hitting those bumps helped me remember that there are bones in my body, mostly because all of them were rattling together. After feeling like I wanted to lay in the snow for a bit to feel better about the bone jarring run, I found a run that wasn't as bumpy. This one looked smooth, so I thought, good, one that won't kill me. About 1/4 the way down I notice that there is a drop off in the middle of the hill. It was only about a 6 inch drop but when you are flying down the hill, you hit that and then you hit the ground. Let's just say I have a bruised tail bone. Then one of the young men found the nicest run and we went down that for the rest of the time we were there. Now I'm sitting at my desk and wishing that I would have used the brains that I have and not gone sledding with the youth. I could have watched from the bottom of the hill. But no, and I fear that I will act not my age again as time goes on. I better get in shape so that I don't have to feel so old the next time my 31 year old body acts 15 again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Old man... Ha, ha.. You need to get out more. You shouldn't feel that old at 31. You need to get out more.