Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pile it on

As I sat in my office trying to dig my way out of the mountain of stuff I need to get done, the GM came in to my office talking about all the stuff we should be doing. Why limit ourselves? Well, let me tell ya....

If you REALLY want to know why we can't bring on more thing, it is because there are only 24 hours in a day and because of the laws of physics and biology, I can only operate at a certain speed without having my head explode. There is only so much work that can be done in an 8 hour work period and I have to function as a father and a husband to get stuff done at the house, help with homework and provide entertainment to all the people there. Not to mention laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and trying not to be a grumpy old man.

So, at this point, I can do more but the quality of work is going to severely suffer. You have a choice, quantity or quality. I'm guessing a good mix of both with a lean toward the side of quality. Quantity just doesn't cut it if you have to re-do something.

Anyway, thanks for the vent. I feel much better and it didn't cost me $150/hour.

No comments: