Friday, February 29, 2008

Mean People Suck!!!!

So, there was an incident. Who the mean person is, I'll probably never know but if I ever find out, you can be assured that there will be an imprint of my fist on their face.

I received a virus yesterday. I was finally able to get it weeded out. I got it at work and it was spread to a couple people but was contained. One was my brother (sorry about that T) and then a coworker.

What pisses me off the most is the fact that there are people out there who are deviant enough to do stuff like this. Why do people have to be so mean? It is truly upsetting that anyone would do something harmful to another person. This was pretty mild compared to some of the truly sick and demented people out there. This really hit home when a news report hit, "1 in 100 Americans in jail." Out of every 100 people, one of them is in jail. That is a lot of people.

What is going on? It really makes you wonder why. What could we do as a society that would prevent such monstrosity? There is no fear for prisons. People go to jail, get 3 squares and a cot plus cable TV, a library (which some use to learn about the law and file all kinds of lawsuits), workout room, and they don't have to do anything for it really. Just commit a crime and free pass to paradise. Maybe you end up as somebody's girlfriend but most get over that pretty quick.

I think jails and prisons should be scarier. I'm talking punishment. Chain-gangs, bustin' rocks, diggin' ditches, gruel, bread/water, solitary confinement, etc. That's what prisons should be. Don't make them a pleasant experience. Here is the difference in thought.

(Current) - Future convict sees nice car and wants it. The thought is that he can go for a joy ride, and if he doesn't get caught, can do it again. If he does get caught, goes to a "Prison Resort" for a while, gets out with good behavior (or because of overcrowding) and then is back on the streets to do it again.

(Should-be) - Future convict steals car, gets caught and has to put in 9 months hard labor working in a mine. Gets crappy food, very little rest and poor working conditions. Criminal thinks, "Hey, I don't ever want to be here again." and is scared straight to be a good citizen out of fear.

See the difference? He gets out, goes and tells all his friends about his awful experience, and scares them into not committing crimes. Prison should be punishment!

Things we should have in prison:
- Expedited appeals for death-row inmates. They are already on their way out, let's not pamper them for 20 years.

- Chain gangs - Road work, ditches, etc. Crap work that no one wants to do. Put collars on each so if they try to run, you can zap them (just like dog collars.)

- Get rid of cable - They don't need to watch Oprah or any other program. If they need to watch TV, let them watch the weather channel.

- Right to lawsuits - If they are in prison, they should not be allowed to file any lawsuits. They have shown that they have a disregard for the law by breaking it to end up where they were. Why should it work for them when they have disregarded it so easily?

Anyway, there is a start. I'm sure I'll think of more but for now, time to work.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

OK, so I just discovered your blog thru Danny (my fabulous brother). I have to say, I love it! I think you are VERY insightful, and pretty right on about everything (don't tell your wife I said that). I am a little sad that you don't have more comments on your posts. Maybe lots of people read them and just don't comment, but probably not. I wanted to comment to let you know I read your blog, and I like it!