Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Family Home Evening

Last night, being Monday, we were to hold family home evening. (For those of you that don't know, its a time to learn together as a family, play games, sing songs, have treats, etc.)

So, the oldest daughter was taking too long on her homework so we got to FHE a lttle later than normal. It wasn't really a complete FHE but we did get to a lesson and a couple of activities. Some of us had treats, if you could call them treats.

We had a lesson entitled "When the lights go out" and involves the different things that you could do to prepare for a time when the electricity fails. The activity involved giving my son and I a buzz cut.

The wife and kids played games on the 'puter and I, having not had dinner yet, had a late dinner. The treat involved having Cool Ranch Doritos that I had with dinner. The kids came and raided the bag. (BTW, I just checked out the website and it is pretty funny. Check it out.)

Any, JOTD is next... This one is brought to you by the friendly folks at ajokeaday.com.

Joke of the Day:

His father sends a small boy to bed. Five
minutes later....
"Da-ad...."
"What?" "I'm thirsty. Can you bring drink of water?" "No. You had your
chance. Lights out."
Five minutes later: "Da-aaaad....."
"WHAT?"
"I'm THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??"
"I told you NO!" If you ask again, I'll have to spank you!!"
Five minutes later......"Daaaa-aaaad....."
"WHAT!"
"When you come in to spank me, can you bring a drink of water?"

No comments: