Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Blowing your Nose

Ok, here I go, I'm going to blog on a discussion point. If anyone wants to join me in this please feel free. So, when you blow your nose you generally are trying to clean out the snot and bugers that are blocking your air ways so you can't breathe through your nose. Well, and here's the discussion point, why would someone want to blow their nose in the bathroom. I guess it's a politeness thing to go where people can't hear you. Or, maybe, it's beacuse 99% of the time the bathroom has a semi-soft peice of tissue or toilet paper in it. Well, I'm just curious as to why people would go into what could be the smelliest room in the building to clear their air ways. Usually when I get done blowing my nose, I usually take a big deep breath and fill my lungs, hence I usually don't do it where I may burn the hairs in my nose when I do it. Anyway, that is something that has made me think on multiple occasions as people come in while I am doing the duty. Anyway, I know this is gross, but I think it is a valid point. Ok, well that's all. Thanks for letting me ramble.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I never said anything about being gross and nasty...just a little stinky at times.

Unknown said...

So, here's my thinking. The bathroom is the perfect place and here is why.

Sometimes those little boogies don't want to come out. Hence, with the use of the natural paint-pealing scent of the bathroom, it helps loosen that stuff up so it comes out.

Another good thing that helps with that is nasal spray or menthalatum (sp?) The natural "aroma" if you will, helps by (1)burning nose hairs, as Tracy put it, to remove something for them to hang on to; and (2) the knock out power to make them usless to resist the force of air pushing them out.

I'm sure I could explain it scientifically but I would need charts, graphs, a Powerpoint presentation, miniature cameras, 3 scientists and a representative from Kleenex.