Friday, June 17, 2005

Van troubles....

Yesterday, my wife picked me up from work and we went to the local Home Depot for a couple of items. We then went to my Aunt's house to go to her friends house and pick up a king size bed.

On our way home from picking up the bed, our van temperature went from "We are ok" to "HOLY COW" in a matter of a quarter mile. We were still a distance away from our house and we could smell antifreeze. I was afraid that a hose popped.

So, we pulled over and checked out the engine. Antifreeze was all over the place. I checked the hoses and they all looked ok. I have one of those caps that has a pressure release before you take it off and there was still pressure inside the radiator. After the engine cooled, we went down the road to 7-11 and bought some dinner and antifreeze. I refilled the radiator and we drove on down the road to our home without another incident.

I want to thank a few people who were willing to change their plans to come help me. First, Sue and Greg for taking the time to go with us to get the bed. I didn't have something to use to carry it in and they brought their truck. (Amber and Riley too. They came along for the ride.)

Tracy and Chelsea. I know, even being his b-day, would have come to our rescue if needed. Nicole, also. She called to make sure everything was ok and was ready to drop everything to come help us to get home or transport where we needed.

It is so nice to have family, especially a family that will do anything to help you out of trouble. Love you all.

Now, onto other news. My first movie idea is posted. It can be read at McGee Films. Hope you all view it, read it, comment on it, and feel a deep satisfaction that you too can be a part of this.

No comments: