Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Music and Work

As some of you know, I'm a programmer, well my official title is Web Software Engineer, which means I engineer software for the web. Hahaha, incase you didn't realize that. So one of the coolest things about being a web software engineer, still just a fancy name for a programmer, is that I sit at a desk and listen to music on headphones and work my fingers to the bone. We are just getting ready to roll-out an application that will help track problem requests. Basically when the someone calls into our help desk, they will enter a problem request and that is how that problem will be tracked. It is pretty cool. Well I just wanted to share how cool I think it is to work somewhere you can listen to music and work all day.

3 comments:

Kaplin said...

So what kinds of music do you listen to? Do you have different types of music for different types of work? Or do you just have an enormous play list that you shuffle through?

Your fans want to know.

Tracy said...

You know it's funny that you ask, usually it's a big playlist of all the music I have in iTunes, but sometimes the task requires more upbeat music. Sometimes when the task sucks, I have to listen to something calming. It just depends...

Kaplin said...

I do kind of the same thing. I listen to all my "Top Rated" music on shuffle, but I have specific playlists that are just for when I need a boost.

You should check out http://www.audioscrobbler.net/.
you get a plug-in for iTunes and it tracks your audio habits which you can then post. It's kind of interesting to see what you think you're listening to compared with what you're really listening to.