Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just A Comment...

I would normally comment on what B wrote at the bottom of his entry, but I feel that I need to have a little bit more room to ramble. It is funny how our past can come back to us here and there. I watch my kids and think of the times I must have had when I was younger. I have done a memory dump of pretty much everything in my life from before I was around 11. I have some memories, but they are brief glimpses into what I consider a pretty good childhood. Memories like getting smacked in the face with a baseball, playing cops and robbers at an empty house that was two doors down, then moving into that house, playing football and hitting golf balls at the school, swimming in the Higbee's pool. Although the memories are good they aren't always complete.

One thing that I hate is when you do something and you are having a blast and then it has to end. One of those special times in your life that won't be duplicated. It happens all the time. Special times come and go and hopefully your memory can hold it. If we were all wise, those special times would go in some sort of journal. The best thing though is that we do get to take them with us when we go. We go through life with experiences and the things we learn and do, these are things that will stay with us as we continue on our journey after this life. It's a great feeling.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane B.

No comments: