Monday, May 01, 2006

I Found This Interesting

So every once in a while I look through the headlines at MSNBC through their RSS channel (or whatever you want to call it). Today's headline that caught my eye was "Americas Best High Schools" and there is a list of the top 1000 schools in there. So curosity got the best of me and I wanted to see how West High faired on their list. I started at the beginning and just started looking for any schools in Utah. Got through the first hundred and there wasn't one school in Utah on that list. Second hundred, here I come. At #163, first Utah school listed is none other than West High. Shortly there after at #166 was Park City. Other Utah schools on the list: #406 Lone Peak in Highland; #425 Highland in Salt Lake; #449 Skyline in Salt Lake; #458 Davis in Kaysville; #518 Hillcrest in Midvale; #694 Viewmont in Bountiful; #794 Alta in Sandy; #896 Bountiful in the list says Doug Lake, but I think it's in Bountiful; #929 Olympus in Salt Lake; #984 American Fork in American Fork; #997 Brighton in Salt Lake; Here is a link to the story. I wonder how West ranked 12 years ago when I graduated.

No comments: