Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life Goes On

Life keeps getting busier and now that summer is upon us, it is even busier. I'm not much of a winter person and will frequently be found huddled inside under a blanket in front of the tv shivering at the thought of the cold just beyond the walls of my home. I'm not entirely sure, but I just don't like winter.

Come spring and summer, life takes on new form. That is when it is truely fun to be outside. As time goes on and the family ages and grows, we start to do more activities. Hiking trips, bike rides, Lagoon, Hogle Zoo, all of thes activities are becoming more frequent in our lives. The newest addition is geocaching and, while not everyone in the family enjoys it, those that do go out and hike around looking for something as big as a bread box or something as small as a vile with a piece of paper.

To accomodate the busier schedule, I have started using gmail more and google calendar, which goes hand-in-hand with the gmail account. This has been a lot of fun to use and has so many capabilities to share, schedule, and notify when necessary.

Anyway, as time has progressed, we have progressed with it. Time seems to be speeding up and we fill it with as much as possible to get the full extent of life and what it has to offer. We create memories that will hopefully last us for the rest of our lives. For the failing memories, we take photos and video to look back on and remember the times when we were young and the kids were small.

I don't look forward to aging, but I do look forward to the gathering of experiences and, even if my memory fails me in this life, I hope that it is being recorded for memory after this lifetime. It would be an interesting thing to see the things that happen over one's life, good or bad and reflect on them. How they made us who we eventually became. How the good and the bad directed us to our dealings with others and with ourselves.

So, enough reflection time.. It is time to get back to work. I hope you all have a wonderful day and think about what you are accomplishing today. Remember, don't take life too seriously, you can't get out alive.

No comments: