Thursday, February 24, 2005

Home Repairs and Auto Update

So I get a call 5 minutes before I am to leave work. My wife calls saying that the toilet is backed up and my mother-in-law wants to come get me from work so I can rush home to fix the problem. They tried using the plunger but to no avail.

Because of the timing and construction in the are, I told them I would catch the 1st bus that would drop me off at about 5th South and therefore avoid the construction.

I get home, spend a couple minutes with the plunger, then use my plumbing snake and free up the lodged products and the toilet now works fine. So, with the ride home, and the time on the toilet issue, I'm done about 45 minutes before I normally get home. So, I spent the extra time on the car.

I got all the plugs and wires replaced. I purchased the new battery and battery cables the other day and those will get taken care of today or tomorrow. Saturday, I have a few classes on genealogy but that afternoon, I plan on getting the tires replaced.

I have to drain the gas tank and replace the gas but it should be ready to start up soon so then I can work on the interior. The dashboard needs to be repaired and I got a new car stereo. It's a cheap, $20 AM/FM cassette but with my CD player, I have a tape insert so I can still listen to CDs. So, its coming along. I should be able to have everything cleaned up and put together in a couple weeks so I can get it licensed. I'm way excited.

No comments: