Thursday, February 17, 2005

House Update...

Well, didn't buy a dishwasher last night but did buy a garbage disposal. I determined which wires under the counter were hot wires and which weren't. When I asked someone before about the best way to tell whether there was power to a wire or not, I was given 2 options. (1) use a volt-meter, and (2) lick your fingers and grab the wires. I decided for option 1 but after much debate since I don't have a volt-meter nor do I know how to use one. So, I took the extra time to borrow one and learn what I needed to do to test the wires. I still wonder if option 2 may have been easier.

So, will buy a dishwasher with all the necessary hoses, wires, etc. to hook up this weekend. Needless to say that will be my entire Saturday. Hopefully my Sunday plans will not involve recovery in the hospital but that's always a possibility.

By the way, my commercial plug for the day is brought to you by the wonderful people at Home Depot. They are very knowledgable, friendly, and helpful. Tell them B sent you and said they would give you a 10% discount for the referral. If they actually give you the 10% discount, tell me which store so I can go there too. (I'll be waiting patiently by the mailbox for my kickback check.)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You should visit Lowe's with the package of Insulation you have sitting in my shed.