Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Hate Dirt

I love this weather!! It's wonderful. I love to open my windows and let the breeze come in and I love how it airs out my house. It makes everything smell so nice and fresh. I also love that I can send my kids outside. Then they can run wild out there and I'm free to enjoy a little quiet time listening to what I want to listen to for a change.

There is something about all of that that I hate. I hate how dirty my kids come in. All you can see is dirt. Dirty hands, dirty faces. They even have dirty feet. How they get dirt on their feet through shoes and socks I don't know. And then there is Bree. She eats the dirt and rocks. No matter how many times I say "kucky Bree", she just giggles and keeps stuffing her mouth. So then there is dirt to clean from inside the mouth. Yum. Then they track the dirt all over the house, and today is a good example of why I particularly hate this aspect. I just mopped my kitchen floor. Then what happens? The kids decide they are done playing and want to come in. So does my floor stay clean. NO!!! They track dirt across my newly cleaned floor and onto my newly vacuumed carpet. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!

Oh well. I guess that's just part and partial to the whole mommy gig! :) I can always re-mop over their little footprints and re-vacuum where they walk. I guess it's worth it to see how happy they are and, most importantly, to give me some peace and quiet for a while!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had the same problem with Nicole. She loved dirt. We have pictures of us up at East Canyon and all she has is a mouthful of dirt and a big grin.

My suggestion, grab the camera. You only have a very small window of these types of things to happen and its important to document EVERYTHING. I call it my insurance policy that they will take care of me in old age because I plan to blackmail them with the photos.

Tracy said...

The funny part is when she eats dinner it's all over her face, when she eats dirt she doesn't spill a drop.