Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Kids....

Today I took a half day off work to go with my wife to the dentist. So, I got to sleep in a little this morning. My wife got up, got the kids ready to go and I woke up as they were leaving. Soon after that, maybe half an hour or so, my oldest daughter calls on the phone. Now, I'm expecting her to say, "I'm siiiiiiiick." But, to my suprise that is not what she said. The phone conversation went something like this:

Dad: "What!?!"
Aurora: "Dad, your son just got in a fight."
Dad: "WHAT!?! Where?"
Aurora: "In the lunch room. He put his tray away then went back and punched a kid twice."
Dad: "Why?"
Aurora: "I don't know. Do you want to talk to him? They are giving him a white slip."
(FYI, white slips are not a good thing.)
Dad: "I'll be down in a minute."
Aurora: "Ok, bye."

So, needless to say, the wife and I got ready earlier than I was going to get ready. The wife and I ran to the school and talked to the boy, who, in a very hurt, pouty voice announced that he doesn't like school. His version was that the boy hit him, then Mason fought back. If that is the case, they caught the 2nd person and not the first.

The boy has been officially grounded. We decided that he needs some extra attention to make sure that we help him understand friendlier values and hopefully we can get him back on track. The school seemed very non-chalant about the whole ordeal which we are ok with since we don't want to turn it into a huge production.

So, I came to work to get some peace and quite.

Hope you all have a better day.

No comments: