Friday, March 11, 2005

Lack of Motivation

This probably isn't going to be about what you think. See, I am pretty motivated for quite a few things. Maybe not as much about my job as some other things, but I keep pretty motivated. First, I am motivated to make sure my family is well taken care of. That they have the things they need and, if possible, the things they want. I want to spend time with them, talk with them, play games with them, and just generally hang out with them. I actually like my family.

I am motivated to grow as an individual, mentally, spiritually, and physcially (all though my growth physically can be measured in pounds....) but I generally want to learn new things and stay active.

What I can't get is the people that have no desire to do anything. They want to sit and spend the rest of their lives on the couch, watching tv, eating bon-bons. They have no desire to excel in their lives nor do they have any desire to participate in the activities that make life more enjoyable.

I see a lot of that around me but one in particular is a parent that is employment-challenged, and sometimes just generally-challanged. There is no motivations to help, no motivation to take care of the things that need to be done, and when she deals with her kids (and mine on occasion) she is constantly yelling at them. She expects these kids to be able to accomplish the things that most adults should be able to. She doesn't allow them to be kids.

In fact, every adult around her has told her she's mean and she needs to calm down a few notches.

So, there is my Friday Morning gripe. I had to get that off my chest to make sure I could enjoy another wonderful Friday.

Also, I found this website (actually, it was e-mailed to me) but its kind of a fun, stupid, simple game. Click here for the copter game. Its one of those that is so simple and stupid you can't help but see how far you can get. Then you realize, its a little more challenging than you think..


Enjoy.

No comments: