Monday, April 07, 2008

Fun weekend

Now that its Monday and I'm sitting at my desk doing everything I can to avoid work, I figured one of the best ways is to blog. It gives me an opportunity to not only avoid work but to share my thoughts. This time, its about reminiscing about my weekend.

This weekend happened to be Lagoon opening weekend. This is a tradition with our family that we have had for the last 3 years. Unfortunately Alythea had to work but we will go on her first available Saturday. It was a lot of fun. My sister-in-law and her family went as well so all of the kids got to scatter for the most part. Aurora and Samantha went off to ride rides and Mason went with Danielle. Sometimes they were together, sometimes they weren't.

Nicki D was finally tall enough to go on the Rocket and Wicked. These rides are a lot of fun for those with strong constitutions and do not fear heights. Nicki D isn't really one of those but she went on the Blast Off portion of Rocket (and hated it) but she loved Wicked.

Anyway, we did get a few pictures and they are posted on my MySpace account.

We also went and did some clean up at my mother-in-law's. We got a couple of hours in around the yard. Most of the kids helped so it worked out well.

Other than that, not much else happened. Rumor has it that this weekend will be considerably warmer so I think we may end up at Lagoon again. Its always a fun place to go.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I think we are getting closer now to having our kids go to Lagoon so we may be joining you one of these years on that opening day.