Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring is springing

I know I have a one-track mind these days, but I am just so excited about my trees. The cherry tree now has some blossoms on it and the nectarine tree has several pink and white buds ready to bloom. I will get the pictures posted later today.

We got the old washer out. It wasn't fun but we got it out. I wasn't able to pick up a new washer yesterday because they didn't have any in stock but they are getting a shipment in today. So, I will go to Lowe's at lunch and buy a new washer.

Tonight we plan on discussing our Square Foot Garden. I am planning on 2 to start. I will get the wood cut today at work and then take it home with my new washer. I finally found a store that sells vermiculite and will be buying some of that soon also. I am really excited to start working on my garden.

I am planning on starting to compost here soon. There are a few things I need to get but that shouldn't take much. I am going to try a test case and make sure it will be agreeable with the neighbors (basically make sure it doesn't stink so the neighbors complain) and then we can go into bigger production.

Anyway, I'm excited. I will get the pictures posted on MySpace. If you are interested in joining MySpace to see the pictures, do so and send me a friend request. My page is www.myspace.com/bigbmcgee. Enjoy.

No comments: