Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, the weekend is over and all it can all be summed up with "Ouch." I'm a bit on the sore side today. It was a pretty good weekend because I got a lot of things done. Mason helped a lot and he has been a real champ through all of the stuff we did. I know he wants to do more but he's still on the smallish size.

I decided to tear out our back fence. There was about a 1 foot gap between our chain link fence and the townhouses behind us. We would get a lot of weed growth and trash behind there and, after tearing it out, I was able to get a bunch of crap out of there. I still have a lot left, but its starting to look really good.

I started placing stakes for my temporary fence for the garden I'm creating. Its a 30' x 30' area and it is really starting to look good. I have it plotted out on graph paper and its nice to see it coming along. There is still a bunch of work to do and I don't think it will be 100% this year, but I do hope to get a few things done and at least a square garden or 2.

Other happenings, my washer died. It was a dramatic death. I went downstairs to get some vegetables for dinner and my basement had a nice layer of smoke throughout. Boy, I scrambled to make sure nothing was on fire and, come to find out, the motor in the washer died. So, its off to finding a new washer today.

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. Tonight is a bit of a relaxation night so I can download some pictures and get some stuff cleaned up in the house.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments: