Friday, April 11, 2008

Gardening

I have been reading my "Square Foot Garden" book and have really enjoyed it. I haven't read too far into it yet but my knowledge is progressing. Since spring is upon us, I feel it is time to expedite my garden making process. That basically is my plan for the weekend. I'm going to start by cleaning up the back yard and start plotting out the areas to do gardens as well as where to put the trampoline.

Also, I'm starting a "survival" group. I've been learning all kinds of things about survivalists and, while that term has negative connotations, the idea is that emergencies happen and it is easier to learn when you can screw up than when you can't.

Gardening and composting are the first subjects I'm learning and as I increase in knowledge, I will share my thoughts, ideas and knowledge with everyone. I will create a different blog for that but wanted to let you all know that you are invited to learn these things. Sometimes survival just means learning to survive the extremely high prices for strawberries (which I am really excited to grow.)

Also, I will post some additional pictures of my trees. They have growth on them that would indicate that they are taking to the soil and yard which is AWESOME!!!! My raspberries still look like sticks but I make sure they get their daily dose of water and hopefully see some indication that they aren't just sticks.

Happy Friday to all and hope your weekend plans go well.

No comments: