Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peeps

I usually don't post 2 times in the same day but I just had to talk about Peeps. Peeps are those little marshmallow bunnies and chicks that you get around easter. I like the bunnies but they have to be "aged." By this, I mean that as soon as I get the packet, I cut a slit down each side to let the air in and then let them harden.

After a month or more, they are nice and crispy and oh so nummy... I just wanted to share because a batch just is dried out enough to eat and I'm just a crunchin' away.

Just wanted to share my happiness with you.

6 comments:

Chels said...

Gross, gross, gross. You are just like your brother. How can you eat the rock?? That is exactly what Tracy does when he gets Peeps. What a waste. I like 'em soft and chewy, not hard and.....hard!!

Tracy said...

Ignore my wife, she's a little crazy and doesn't know what's good for her.

Melony said...

Peeps are good soft...eeeewwww...I can't even imagine them stale and gross..I'm with you Chels..that is nastyyyy! You McGee's are just plain weird...Nicole doesn't like mint ice cream! What is that about???

Chels said...

They are a weird lot. I like mint ice cream. I like cookie dough ice cream better, but mint ice cream is good!

Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong, I like Peeps soft too but they are SOOOO much better hard. Besides, its not a waste. A waste is tossing them in the garbage and that would just be wrong.

I like mint ice cream. Cookies and cream is really good with caramel. mmmmm. I can't wait until summer.

What is really good is a cone at Pioneer Village with 2 scoops, mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream. Now I'm hungry, thanks everyone!

Tracy said...

Leave it up to B to cause such controversy.

I don't like mint ice cream, but I really don't like ice cream all that much anyway. And until you've tried the peeps a little hard, or really hard, don't knock it.