Thursday, April 20, 2006

Blood

For those of you that know me know I'm pretty big on blood donation. While I don't talk about it a lot, I do talk more about it when I become re-eligible to do so. I have been eligible for a couple of weeks and finally went in today to give my pint.

For those of you that are ineligible, it is unfortunate for you. For those of you that CAN donate blood, I would plead with you to do so. It is very important and could possibly save a life. The American Red Cross has a blood donation center close by and they usually have drives around the city. Anyway, had to get a good plug for this organization.

If you are unsure of your blood type, the first time you go in, they will type it at the lab and send you a note and a donation card in the mail. Then, from then on you will know. I, myself am O negative. This, for those that don't know about blood type, is the Universal Donor. In otherwise, anyone can accept my blood.

For those of you with different blood types, you can call and ask about donating whole blood vs. platelets (people with AB blood are really in demand for platelets that help with burn victims.)

I enjoy giving blood and minus begin stuck by a needle, I don't mind so much. So, if you can give blood, please do.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sometimes I wish I could. But since I'm can't I will fully support those that can.

Kaplin said...

I try to donate every time I see a blood drive, but they seem to think I'm a mad cow carrier.

Nicole said...

Why can't you Tracy? What's up with that. JK I can't either no thanks to Randy Gardner for giving me Hepatitis. What a loser. You think I would have good brothers to keep me away from tards like him. Oh well you win some you lose some. Unfortunately I have lost more then some. haha